In a basket or tray have some bottles with different types of glasses, of different sizes. The glasses should be kept on a tray and the tray should be on a firm surface.
- To lower bring the hand down to just above the tray
- Tilt the wrist so that the bottom of the glass at the side where the fingers are touches the tray.
- Lower the underside of the glass in a clockwise direction bringing the whole bottom surface of the glass onto the tray.
- Ask the child if they heard any noise
- To raise using the right hand place the index, middle and ring finger pads on one side of the glass.
- Place the thumb at the opposite side of the glass
- Move the hand up slowly
Points of Interest:
- The glass is kept horizontal
- A portion of the glass is put down first, the angle must not be too steep
A new website from the founders of Montessori Commons that focuses onbuilding the clarity, condifence and skills to be fully alive.Visit Vibrant Life
- Co-ordination of Movement
- Social Adaptation
Age at Presentation:
Two and a half years
This activity can also be used for vases, boxes, bottles and other similar objects in the Children’s home. It can be combined with screwing and unscrewing bottles, using a dropper and opening boxes. Grains and water can be placed in the glasses and the child can check for spills and wipe with a cloth.