In a basket or tray have some bottles with different types of glasses, of different sizes. The glasses should be kept on a tray and the tray should be on a firm surface.
- To lower bring the hand down to just above the tray
- Tilt the wrist so that the bottom of the glass at the side where the fingers are touches the tray.
- Lower the underside of the glass in a clockwise direction bringing the whole bottom surface of the glass onto the tray.
- Ask the child if they heard any noise
NEW CASA EMAIL COURSE
Sign up for our email course that will guide you through the Montessori approach to the Casa.
All proceeds will go towards maintining Montessori Commons and improving the quality of the content.
- To raise using the right hand place the index, middle and ring finger pads on one side of the glass.
- Place the thumb at the opposite side of the glass
- Move the hand up slowly
Points of Interest:
- The glass is kept horizontal
- A portion of the glass is put down first, the angle must not be too steep
- Co-ordination of Movement
- Social Adaptation
Age at Presentation:
Two and a half years
This activity can also be used for vases, boxes, bottles and other similar objects in the Children’s home. It can be combined with screwing and unscrewing bottles, using a dropper and opening boxes. Grains and water can be placed in the glasses and the child can check for spills and wipe with a cloth.