Table and chair of appropriate size for child, the child’s feet should sit flat on the floor.
NEW CASA EMAIL COURSE
Sign up for our email course that will guide you through the Montessori approach to the Casa.
All proceeds will go towards maintining Montessori Commons and improving the quality of the content.
- Have a child’s chair and table placed at an oblique angle to the children
- Stand to the side away from the children
- Bring the chair out from underneath the table, holding the backrest or seat
- Place the chair down one leg at a time giving enough space for you to stand between the chair and table without touching either
- Stand between the table and chair, bending your legs and folding the torso so that the seat can be held with both hands (one at a time)
- Pick the chair up and bring it nearer to the table, taking two steps forward
- Slowly lower yourself onto the seat
- Place both feet flat on the floor or footrest
- Place your hands on your lap or fingers touching the near side of the table and adjust your clothing if necessary
- To get up, lift yourself from the chair, holding the seat of the chair move the chair back out from underneath the table, far enough so that you can stand between the table and the chair without touching either
- Stand up and smooth clothes step to the side
- Lift the chair and place back under table
Points of Interest:
- The distances between the table and chair
- Co-ordination of Movement
- Social Adaptation
Age at Presentation:
Two and a half years